Terms Specific to Long Term Rentals (These conditions are additional to the Terms and Conditions of the original Rental Agreement)
- We agree to rent to you the Hertz vehicle detailed in the Schedule (“the Vehicle”) on the terms of this agreement and on the terms and conditions contained in the Rental Agreement and successive 28 day extensions to the Rental Agreement (“Continuation Agreements”) (together “the Terms and Conditions”).
- Each Continuation Agreement will last for 28 days and, where possible, shall be signed by you as the renter. If any Continuation Agreement is not signed, you shall nevertheless be bound by the Terms and Conditions of such Continuation Agreement and shall be liable to pay Hertz any charges arising from it.
- The Terms and Conditions shall apply to you as a renter and to all drivers of the Vehicle during the Term. You shall be responsible for ensuring the compliance of all drivers authorised by you pursuant to this Agreement and you shall be liable as principal for any liability, cost or expense incurred by us as a result of the failure of any driver to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- The rental of the Vehicle (including any replacement vehicle) shall last for the period of time specified in the Schedule, as may be varied by agreement of the parties in writing at any time (“the Term”).
- You will be invoiced for your use of the Vehicle every 28 days. The invoice will reflect the charges agreed in the Rental Agreement. Payment will be made in accordance with the Rental Agreement.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time before expiry of the Term by returning the Vehicle to Hertz. You will be invoiced for a full 28 day period should the Vehicle be returned before the end of the first 28 day Rental Agreement.
- Hertz may terminate this agreement at any time before the expiry of the Term by providing you with 28 days’ notice and on receipt of such notice, you will return the vehicle to Hertz at the end of the notice period.
- Hertz may terminate this Agreement at any time before expiry of the Term, immediately on notice to you, in the event that you fail to pay any charges with respect to the Agreement or where you have failed to comply with any terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- In the event that Hertz terminates this Agreement, you will ensure that any and all vehicles rented under the Agreement and any documents and ancillary items are returned to Hertz or, where required by Hertz, made available to Hertz or its agent for collection.
Maintenance, Servicing, Damage and Mileage
- You are required to ensure that the Vehicle is maintained in a roadworthy condition during the Term and ensure that all routine checks as required by the manufacturer are adhered to, particularly oil, coolant and brake fluid levels and tyre pressures. Top up oil is at your cost. No repairs may be carried out without our authorisation.
- The Vehicle has a Maximum Mileage (as detailed in the Schedule). Mileage in excess of the Maximum Mileage will be charged at a rate of £0.15 per mile. Excess mileage will be calculated over the Term and charged on the final invoice following the return of the Vehicle.
- You are required to contact a designated Hertz employee at agreed intervals in order to supply a current odometer reading. Failure to supply an odometer reading at an agreed interval will result in Hertz requiring the return of the Vehicle within 72 hours of you, as principal, being notified by a Hertz employee. Following failure to supply an odometer reading, mileage in excess of that detailed in the Schedule will be charged at a rate of £0.20 per mile.
Exchange of Vehicle
- All Hertz rental vehicles are kept on the rental fleet for a limited period expressed in time and/or mileage. Once either period has expired we must return the Vehicle to our supplier or suffer losses on resale. For this reason you must ensure that the Vehicle is returned to us by the Rental End Date (as detailed in the Schedule) or, if earlier, when the Maximum Mileage is achieved. Hertz will inform you before either of these criteria are achieved and agree a mutually convenient time and location to return the Vehicle. Failure to return the Vehicle at this time may make you liable to a late return charge to reflect the cost to us of delayed resale or return to our supplier.
- On return you will be issued with a replacement vehicle of similar class to the Vehicle.
- Any damage to the Vehicle will be assessed on its return and repairs will be billed to you in accordance with the Rental Agreement.